What is the Legal Tint Darkness Allowed For Passenger Vehicles In Iowa:
- Front Windshield: Must allow more than 70% of light in.
- Front seat side windows: up to 70% tint darkness allowed
- Back seat side windows: Any tint darkness can be used
- Rear window: Any tint darkness can be used
Other Iowa Window Tint Rules And Regulations:
Iowa has a few other important things that you will need to consider regarding window tinting and we recommend that you check them out before deciding whether or not you tint your windows:
- Side Mirrors: No restrictions on side mirrors in Iowa.
- Window Tint Color Restrictions: All tint colors are allowed in Iowa
- Certifications: Manufacturers of film are not required to certify the film they sell in the state.
- Stickers: No sticker to identify legal tinting is required.
- Medical Exceptions: Iowa used to allow for medical exemptions for tinting windows but since July 2012 they no longer permit darker window tinting due to medical exemptions.